Monday, April 13, 2009

Nice Demo of Google Latitude

Here's a nifty video demonstration of Google's new service Latitude



Tip: Spatial Sustain

Anyone tried it?

So now not only can you broadcast your location but also provide a spatially enabled status drip of your very interesting life to followers.

I don't know if the Google service provides a status thread like twitter but if it did here's what my Google Latitude location map combined with my twits would look like:



All those twits (no no ..not my followers) are geocoded. So if you want to know where I was when I made any particular broadcast, just click on that entry and my mugshot will move to that location. Does Latitude allow that?

By the way here is a wicked rant by Matt Labash against Facebook and social networking in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment